Official Contest Rules
- “Teachers Appreciation Month Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Concierge Connection Inc. (“Chalkboard Plus”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- The Contest begins at 12:00AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on October 1st, 2018 and ends at 11:59PM EDT on October 31st, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who at the time of entry: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence; and (ii) are a registered Chalkboard Plus account holder.
- A Facebook account is required in order to participate in the Contest. Facebook accounts are free to create. A Chalkboard Plus account is also require to participate in the contest. Chalkboard plus account are free to create for member of entities with an active chalkboard plus agreement. To join, go to http://chalkboardplus.com/ and follow the links and instructions to complete your account registration. By creating a Facebook and/or Chalkboard Plus account, each entrant agrees to comply with Chalkboard Plus’s and/or Facebook’sContest Official Rules.
- Chalkboard Plus, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, co-promotion partners, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household with whom they are domiciled may not enter the contest. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “immediate family member” means spouse, including common law spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister of the entrant, regardless of where they reside.
How to Enter
- No Purchase Necessary. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest:
Online Entry. To enter the Contest, between the start date and end date during the Contest Period, entrants must complete the following:
- Step #1 – Like and Follow @ Chalkboard Plus+ on Facebook.
- Step #2 – Have a registered and Active Chalkboard Plus account.
Entries must not:
- be explicit or offensive, as determined by Chalkboard Plus, in its sole and absolute discretion, or contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- violate any law or regulation;
- be libelous, threatening or harassing;
- instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
- contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
- By submitting an entry to the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these Official Rules and agree to abide by and be bound by them.
Entry Limitation and Verification
- If the identity of the entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the Facebook, and/or Chalkboard Plus account submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned the Facebook and/or Chalkboard Plus account by Facebook and/or by Chalkboard Plus. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook and/or Chalkboard Plus account associated with the winning entry.
- Entries are subject to verification at any time and may be disqualified if they are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, irregular, forged, submitted through illicit or unauthorized means, not original to the entrant, or if they contain any false statements or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Official Rules. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Chalkboard Plus reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual for any reason whatsoever, including any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
- The sole determinant of time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be of the last live session on the participant’s Chalkboard Plus Account.
- There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of 24 General admission Movie Vouchers, (24), at Cineplex and/or landmark’s Cinemas and/or Guzzo’s Cinema.
- the Prize has an approximate retail value of $425 CAD and is subject to the conditions and restrictions set out herein.
Prize Redemption Restrictions and Conditions:
- A confirmed Prize winner (“Winner”) will be responsible for all other expenses not specified above as included in the Prize.
Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without any representations, warranties or conditions whatsoever and Chalkboard Plus expressly disclaims any and all such representations, warranties and conditions. The Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and is not convertible to cash. Chalkboard Plus reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation a cash award, if the Prize cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Chalkboard Plus in its sole discretion.
- At 12:00PM EDT on November 2nd, 2018 (the “Draw Date”) at Chalkboard Plus head office located at 3080 Yonge St, Suite 5000, Toronto, Ontario M5N 3N1, one (1) random draw will be conducted by Chalkboard Plus to select one (1) potential Winner (each a “Selected Entrant”) from all eligible Entries submitted during the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
- The Selected Entrants will be contacted by Chalkboard Plus on the Draw Date through either Facebook or with information from their Chalkboard Plus account (the “Notification”).
- Before being declared a Winner, within two (2) business days of the Notification a Selected Entrant must:
a) Confirm compliance with these Official Rules;
b) Sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release documents”) to be provided by Chalkboard Plus, whichreleases the Promotion Entities and Facebook from any liability, losses, damages and expenses which may be suffered or incurred in connection with this Contest or the Prize; andc) Consents to the use, without further consideration, of his/her name, city and province/territory of residence and other likenesses, and his/her Facebook user name, for publicity and promotion purposes by the Promotion Entities in any and all forms of media and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity.
- If a Selected Entrant: (i) does not meet the above requirements, or (ii) is unable to satisfy any of the eligibility requirements set out in these Official Rules, such Selected Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest at the sole discretion of Chalkboard Plus and the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Selected Entrant and such Selected Entrant shall have no recourse toward Chalkboard Plus or any other person or entity involved in the Contest. In the event that no Winner is found eligible from the initial draw, a repeat draw will be conducted from all remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the process set out above. This process will be repeated until a Winner has been declared for the Prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Winner must be confirmed by no later than: 5:00PM EDT on November 15th, 2018, otherwise the unclaimed Prize(s) will be null and void.
- Once a Selected Entrant is confirmed to be a Winner, he/she will be advised by Chalkboard Plus where and how to redeem his/her Prize.
- If a Winner indicates to Chalkboard Plus they will not be able to collect their Prize, the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Winner and Chalkboard Plus reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate Winner who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Chalkboard Plus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to, creating multiple Facebook accounts; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) for any other similar conduct. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Chalkboard Plus reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitations of Liability:
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular entries, or for any entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error.
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Official Rules, other Contest-related materials, including without limitation, messaging errors on the @ChalkboardPlus+ Facebook account, printing, Chalkboardplus.com, Perkopolis.com or advertising errors, failure of or problems with any other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest howsoever caused.
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any: failure of or problems with the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure, interruption or delay of any entry or e-mail to be transmitted or received or processed, including failure resulting from technical, human or other error or theft; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; any communication not received due to an entrant’s spam filter, user’s system or internet connection; and late, lost misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential Winner.
- The Promotion Entities are not responsible if any factor beyond their reasonable control, including weather, event cancellations, strike, lockout or any other labour dispute at their locations or the locations of any other organization or business whose services are used to fulfill this Contest, prevent any of the Prizes or any component of the Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winner(s) will not be provided with a substitute Prize or a substitute component of the Prize, as applicable, except at Chalkboard Plus sole discretion.
- Under no circumstances will the Promotion Entities be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Official Rules, or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Each Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to receipt of a Prize.
Protection of Personal Information
- By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that the Promotion Entities may communicate with entrants via e-mail with respect, to communicating the results of the Contest and the awarding of the Prize and Chalkboard Plus promotional purposes.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Chalkboard Plus reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or reinstate the Contest or the Official Rules at any time, without notice, and for any reason. If the Contest is terminated, in whole or in part, before the designated date, Chalkboard Plus reserves the right to select Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grants Chalkboard Plus the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such entry and the concepts therein and waives all rights, including moral rights, in the entry. No correspondence regarding the Contest will be made with or entered into except with the Selected Entrant(s) and the Winners.
- A list of Winners, which includes their respective first and last name, will be publicly available at the Chalkboard Plus Head Office at 3080 Yonge St, Suite 5000, Toronto, Ontario M5N 3N1 and may be posted on http://chalkboardplus.com and other Chalkboard Plus marketing channels.